ACTION REQUESTED: Send Email to Governor Gavin Newsom
MESSAGE TO GOVERNOR: Oppose AB 1086
Assembly Bill 1086 – a desperate last minute political maneuver to resurrect the failed SB 767 legislation – was sent to Governor Newsome’s desk on September 13 and awaits his oppose or support decision.
The D36 LAO lobbyist, Terry McHale, gave pointed and moving testimony at the September 11 hearing on why AB 1086 is a bad bill.
D36 is asking our members to email the Governor TODAY asking him to OPPOSE AB 1086 for the following reasons:
- Sets dangerous precedent for local political activists to close ANY State Park unit they object to.
- Disenfranchises an important user community and recreation activity.
- Ignores previous legislative action that authorized legal OHV use on lands purchased with dedicated funds.
- Not one of the AB 1086 proponents opposed the purchase and authorizing legislation.
- The Department of Finance opposed SB 767.
Please call, email, or FAX your letter TODAY to Governor Newsom asking him to OPPOSE AB 1086
Governor Gavin Newsom
1303 10th Street, Ste. 1173
Sacramento, CA 95814
Thank you for taking action on this critical issue!
AMA District 36